RMT's College Prep Intensive can help you land that first role as a college freshman in a musical theatre program. We know that deciding what college to attend can be daunting, but delivering your prescreen video or your in-person audition shouldn’t be. Here is where we come in.
What you get:
- 2 weeks of intense training by college professors and industry leaders in a small group setting
- A complete prescreen package (The College Musical Theatre Unified Prescreen) that has been professionally coached and edited
- Including Acting, Singing, and Dance components filmed on-site during the two-week session, preparation for a home-filmed “Wild Card” audition component
- A professional headshot
- Instructor-selected musical and acting audition cuts tailored to each individual student
- Private coachings on monologue cuts
- Private coachings on music cuts
- A comprehensive understanding of the college audition process - from Pre-Screen to College selection
- 3.5-hour workshop as a brushup for in-person auditions
- 4 parent meetings to help set students up for success and help parents navigate the process as well
July 22-August 2
Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Red Mountain Theatre is a Tony Award-winning nonprofit organization committed to enriching the cultural landscape of Birmingham and beyond through unique, high-quality professional theatre and performing arts education. Established in 1979 as Summerfest, RMT has grown to become the preeminent year-round professional musical theatre organization in Alabama. In tandem with our professional productions that engage more than local and national artists, RMT conducts one of the most highly-regarded Arts Education Programs in the South, reaching 17,000 students each year. RMT is not only developing the musical theatre skills of young artists but building our city’s future leaders.