Position: Lead Teaching Artist
Reports to: Director of Education
Summary of Position:
The Lead Teaching Artist is responsible for teaching a wide variety of arts education programs in the community and on campus, assisting with curriculum development, and facilitating the success of RMT contract teachers. This teaching artist's work will focus on, but not be limited to, grades PreK-5th.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach arts education programs primarily within the community and occasionally on campus for students on a variety of skill levels, from introductory to advanced
- Assist in the creation of musical theatre and creative drama curriculum, taking lead as necessary
- Assist in the maintenance of library of lesson plans.
- Maintain and build relationships with community partners
- Train contract teaching artists
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Theatre or Education
- 3 years teaching and/or administration of arts programs for young people (or comparable experience)
- Experience teaching a variety of theatre classes (improv, acting technique, choreography, creative drama, audition prep, musical theatre performance, etc.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Ability to prioritize, identify critical issues, and work towards solutions to improve residency programs
- Graduate degree or extended learning in theatre education
- 5-8 years teaching and/or administration of arts programs for young people (or comparable experience)
- Strong directing, choreographing, and music directing skills
- Knowledge of state education standards and how to implement them
- Proactive and assertive
Physical Demands: This position requires regular physical presence at residency sites and other events across the community. This position requires walking, stooping, kneeling, bending, and standing. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. without assistance.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Lead Teaching Artist Position” in the subject line and include the following materials: resume, sample curriculum plan with at least 3 lessons. No phone calls please.