Position: Community Engagement Manager
Reports to: Artistic Director
Summary of Position:
Red Mountain Theatre’s Community Engagement Manager is responsible for representing the organization and its services both to artists and the community at large. The Community Engagement Manager strategically identifies and cultivates revenue-producing and non-revenue producing opportunities in order to enrich RMT’s engagement with the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively identify, cultivate, and manage all aspects of Education Department residencies and partnerships, in the community
- Serve as the primary conduit to other departments or outside resources as needed to implement programs that strategically serve the department’s engagement goals
- Manage existing and cultivate new relationships with schools, faith-based organizations, community partners, etc.
- Utilize the Marketing Department to develop and implement strategic ideas for deepening RMT’s reach into key constituent groups
- Oversee The Seasoned Performers. Direct all readings and showcase performances. Choose appropriate material. Manage all rehearsal, bookings, and community engagement opportunities for the group
- Teach various classes, camps, professional development workshops, and residencies on and off the RMT Arts Campus
- Manage all aspects of school/student field trips and Theatre for Young Audience performances on the RMT Arts Campus, including but not limited to booking, invoicing, curriculum development and implementation, coordination with RMT departments to ensure efficient and effective experience, and evaluation
- Manage all aspects of Teaching Artist engagement, including but not limited to contracting and payment, distribution of lesson plans, materials and supplies, receiving of supplies at the end of a program, and adherence to the Child Protection Policy and other RMT policies
- Manage all aspects of Community Conversations for Main Stage shows, as well as for the Human Rights New Works Festival, strategically identifying community partners that align with content from each show and coordinating post show discussions with partners and RMT stage management
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 years teaching and/or administration of programs for young people
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and sales skills
- Proactive self-starter with strategic tenacity
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Ability to prioritize, identify critical issues and work towards results
- Ability to work with multiple organizations and vendors proactively and professionally
- Undergraduate degree in Education, Theatre or Business Administration, graduate or extended learning
- Knowledge of state education standards and how to implement them
- 5 years teaching and/or working in administrating programs for young people
- Confident, independent thinker who can activate organizations and people
- Proficient in budgeting process
Physical Demands: This position requires regular physical presence at residency sites and other events across the community. This position requires work on nights and weekends as well as travel with students. This position requires walking, stooping, kneeling, bending, and standing. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. without assistance.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Community Engagement Manager Position” in the subject line and include the following materials: resume, sample curriculum plan with at least 3 lessons, and creative pitch letter to a Birmingham-based community organization or school about RMT education programming using information from the web and public information sources. No phone calls please.