RMTC is pleased to partner with the Autism Society of Alabama to offer a Sensory-Friendly Performance of Fiddler on the Roof for patrons affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders and other sensory, social, and cognitive disabilities.
Tuesday , June 13, 2017
While the integrity of the performance is maintained, certain elements of the production are modified in an effort to create a welcoming and inclusive experience for patrons on the autism spectrum and their families.
Among the modifications are:
- Reduction of loud sounds
- House lights stay on creating a dim light in the audience for the entire show
- Audience members are free to talk, make noise, and/or be active
- Extra staff and volunteer support
- “Quiet Room” available during the show
- Opportunity to “Meet Your Seat” a few day(s) prior to the show by arranging an appointment (call 205-324-2424 or email email@example.com)